Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I recieved word from CBA just a few hours back last night, that a catasthrophic hurrican is about to hit the south coast of the USA, mainly affecting the New Orleans area. But it'll go up far north, only after then it will cool down.
    I'm watching CNN for 2 hours now in the night, and it's already 170 miles away from New Orleans, and in a few hours it's gonna hit the coast hard. The main roads are still packed of evacuation, and some people are already stuck around the mississippi area making the best out of the situation. New Orleans hospital's preparing for any incoming injured people, moving the emergency part up to the 3rd floor because of any chance of flooding.
    Since this area is below sea level, there's a very high rate for the whole thing to be flooded, just as a Tsunami, the high water may very well break the barriers defending the city. It may turn the whole city into a huge toxic swamp.
    It's a category 5 hurrican, and even if it reduces to category 4 when it hits the coast it will be still devastating. It's moving with more than 260 miles per hour.
    That's all for now...

<font color="#345E81" size="1">[ August 29, 2005 09:28 AM: Message edited by: Dreamer Hyper ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Did you hear!? JFK was shot!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

who is JFK? Is he related to Jack Frost? I believe your speeds are not in MPH, so that is like 130MPH which is bad but not real bad except for that the Louisiana coastline will have new borders tomarrow.

Senior Hostboard Member Dreamer7000's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Who the fuck is JFK?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Okay dumbly, but I realized that their morning is gonna be 6 hours later than mine, but anyway, 7-8am is the expected landfall time, and it has weakened to a category 4 hurrican, which is still too damn powerful.
    The mississippi flooded a little over it's bends.
    Otherwise the only change currently is the oil prica raising, nothnig else.
    Now Gulfport and Mobile is also more in the danger zone, along with New Orleans, since Katrina moved to the east in the past few hours. That means New Orleans may not be affected that much by the expected floodinmg the storm will give. Although this automatically means worse news to Gulport and Mobile.

Note: This is not a double post, I wanted to write it in a different post.

<font color="#345E81" size="1">[ August 29, 2005 06:09 AM: Message edited by: Dreamer Hyper ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Who the fuck is JFK?

You know, for being obsessed with America, you sure know as much as a rock would.

Inactive Member One Classy Bloke's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Somebody bombed the Atlanta Olympics in 1996?!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

IRT Xellos: You could be nicer.

IRT Zeus: Hey, welcome back! [img]smile.gif[/img]

IRT Dreamer: JFK was a president of the USA who got shot, most probably by their own intelligence agency. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jfk

IRT Xellos: You know, for being obsessed with America, you sure know as much as a rock would.

Do you know any former Hungarian (or even German) presidents from over 40 years ago?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Along the Gulf Coast, the whole place is already flooded, and heavy rain falls.
    The center of Katrina is only 35 miles away, southeast from New Orleans now, and is moving 15 miles per hour to the north. The eye of the storm is getting real close to the superdome in Louisiana, where 10thousand people are held, and it looks like the roof may not hold against the winds, that are only getting heavier. Although the structure of the building may hold for hours, and even if a massive piece of the roof peels off, people will be somewhat safe, due to the bunker structure of the dome. They are moving the people away from the leaks to a safe part. Also temporarly power has been cut in the superdome.
    Power already gone out for 370,000 people in southeast Louisiana, homes are being destroyed along the Gulf by only the forewinds of the hurricane.
    Interesting thing that a brave pair just simply stayed at home, lying back and watching the show. Hehe.

IRT Xel: I know you don't have to tell me, and I won't argue about it either cause it's true. That's why I'm trying to learn some things. But I just don't understand how is Kennedy being shot is in connection with this Hurricane?

(Thanks Wiseman)

<font color="#345E81" size="1">[ August 29, 2005 09:32 AM: Message edited by: Dreamer Hyper ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

*Not in love with Hungary*

It's just a cynical way of saying: Old as hell news.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast